Monday, October 7, 2024

Goodbye my Universe

Today I finally parted ways with my long-time friend, my Ibanez Universe UV7BK green dots.

As far as I remember, I bought this guitar in 2008 amidst a craze of seven string guitars. I remember seeing an UV777BK on the TV and going nuts over that, even posting online at the old FCC forums. And by that time I joined a Dream Theater cover band, and I played solely this guitar. To this day, I still don’t know how I was able to play all that hard stuff on a seven string. Incredible young me.

The neck profile was truly great. I loved it. Pronounced shoulders, somewhat similar to the Suhr Modern Satin I had.

I remember trying to sell it 10 years ago or so, but I retreated.

After playing in a band where a seven string was demanded, and using a six string with a pitch shifter instead, I finally realized I don’t play sevens anymore. It must go. The original Ibanez wooden hardcase was wasted with mold, so I had to buy another one. Pretty bad fit, but anyway. The UV had grown mold in the neck too, but I cleaned. Maybe it will show up again in the future, who knows.

It was really hard to find someone to buy it. Professional sellers refused saying it’s hard to sell seven strings. In the end, I found someone to buy, and it posted it.

Goodbye, old friend.

No comments: