Thursday, April 7, 2022

VSCode extension Personal Access Token

I received an user request for my Format Comment VSCode extension, which pleases me greatly.

Implementing the feature itself took me just a few minutes, then I spent the next hour trying to figure out how to setup the “Personal Access Token” to publish the extension to the marketplace. So, to avoid this waste of time to my future self, these are the steps:

  1. Go to dev.azure.com/rodrigocfd to see the tokens;
  2. If necessary, create another one, which will be a long string;
  3. Organization must be set to “All Accessible Organizations”;
  4. On the project directory, run vsce login rodrigocfd and paste the long string when prompted.

The Personal Access Token lasts at max 1 year, so this process will have to be made at least once a year

No comments: