Saturday, September 24, 2011

Smells Like Teen Spirit for orchestra

I started having formal music training when I was a child, and although I didn’t have any classes for years, I still like to study music when I have time, specially orchestration and related disciplines. Writing music for orchestra is not an easy task and it requires not only a lot of study, but also a lot of practice.

Today is the 20th anniversary of Nirvana’s Nevermind album. At the time it was released I was just a kid, and it made me to play a lot of guitar. So after 20 years I decided to make a tribute to Smells Like Teen Spirit and write a full orchestra arrangement to this song, mixing the original voice track over it – this voice track can be easily found on YouTube.

It took me about a month to write, render and mix the whole thing, and so far I’m pretty satisfied with the results. It gave that 4-chord music a whole new dimension. And here it is: Smells Like Teen Spirit for orchestra.

No comments: