Friday, February 8, 2019

Chrome 72 annoying F6 key behavior

On all browsers, since immemorial times, I’ve been using the F6 key to go to the URL bar and select the whole URL. My current browser is Google Chrome, which in its version 72 changed the behavior of this F6 key, which now puts the focus on the tabs or somewhere else. You have to hit the F6 key twice in order to focus the URL bar.

And I’m not the only one who noticed this:

Fortunately, there’s a bug to the issue:

I wonder who in the hell decides changes like this. I’m seriously pissed about this change, and already considering go to Firefox, which I already use at work. I really hope they revert this stupid nonsensical change. Stop fixing what isn’t broken.

Follow up: I just installed Chrome 74.0.3729.108, and the F6 key is working properly again. Such a relief.

No comments: