Friday, December 8, 2017

Avast antivirus sucks

Last month, after having had enough of Avira antivirus intrusive ads popping on my screen all day, I removed it and installed Avast. Then I started seeing my whole trusty Windows 7 x64 going slow, mainly when switching between processes, but until then I blamed the almost 8 years old computer.

That was until yesterday, while debugging C++ in Visual Studio, when I noticed an Avast DLL being loaded in the console. What the hell? It seems that Avast was somewhat injecting its DLL everywhere, making everything go slow. I immediately uninstalled Avast, and instantly my computer became fast as before.

So far I’m running no antivirus program, and I’m in doubt if I really need one. It feels a bit insecure, but at the same time so... fresh.

No comments: